Been ages since I posted anything, really.
Am doing what I enjoy, reading what I like, and head over heels in love. 🙂
In short, this is goodbye for now.
So long, then, until we meet again.
Been ages since I posted anything, really.
‘What do you fear, lady?’ he asked.
‘A cage,’ she said. ‘To stay behind bars, until use and old age accept them, and all chance of doing great deeds is gone beyond recall or desire.’
Not my genius. Prizes to whoever can tell me where this is from.
Yep, it’s Dragons on my mind, and how.
1. Galbatorix will die, of course. (Duh.)
Whether Eragon kills him in open combat, i.e Galby v/s Eragon & Saphira, or if E&S manage to break his power (appeal to their good hearts?:) )over the hearts of the other dragons and they combine to annihilate him or Shruikan eats his Rider up. Revenge! Blood and Gore galore. Yum.
2. Arya, Nasuada or Roran will be the next rider. Arya being the one would be a bit of a let down, (but most likely), I think. She has enough powers as it is. Nasuada would cause a lot of the pieces to fall into place. She becomes a Rider, Murtaugh cannot bear to kill her, and Luurve causes his true name to change. Brotherly hugs all round, and E need not worry about keeping his promise to Orik to kill the murderer of King Hrothgar. After all, M’s become a different man now. Roran – All the riders seem to be related. So..Shrug. Sounds weak to me. Plus could Roran be able to watch as Katrina ages? He’s more likely to become King of Alagaesia.
3. Roran’s and Katrina’s son, born on the last day of the war – the first baby to be born among the Varden in free Alagaesia( though for this to happen this baby would have to have an unnaturally long gestation period ) – becomes the first of the new generation of Riders, learning from whoever’s still left in Alagaesia. This is post war, though, and most likely will be in the epilogue, if there is one.
4. The two women E & S bless in Brisingr will have something important to do or someone to kill or someone’s life to save. Katrina’s?
5. Nar Garzhvog will die. Why? Just a hunch. 🙂
6. Rock of Kuthian. Hmph. Everyone’s heard of it, but no one knows just where and what it is. Something to do with the Forsworn’s dragons? E&S offer them redemption? I’m thinking along the lines of how Aragorn goes to the Valley of the Dead and calls them forth to battle on his behalf, and then sets them free. If Paolini does this with Eragon, the parallels will absolutely overwhelm the series.
7. The name of the 4th book will be the name of the new dragon.
8. Elva. Free at last, but at what cost? If Galbatorix can manage to get her on his side – after all, she is now directed only by her conscience. That would be an interesting mid book twist. Of course, she returns to the Varden in the end, and helps bring the Empire down.
9. Eragon leaves with Saphira and Arya and the other Elves for the Inheritance Cycle’s equivalent of the LOTR’s Grey Havens/West.
10. Jormundur dies. Orik lives.The 2 elf children die. Murtaugh.. to die or live?
11. The Name that the Razac say Galbatorix has almost found is the True name of the ancient language.
12. Eragon’s true name will have something to do with Wyrda! or/and Brisingr.
Lots of things I want to see more of in the 4th book –
: Angela. My favorite character. Death by mad rabbit, LOL. Who is she? Oromis says he met someone like her long ago, and she says she studied with Tenga. Just how old is she? Her reading the bones for Selena is probably what made her leave when she was pregnant with Eragon. So who is the blind beggar whose fortune she read?
: Galbatorix. So far all we have heard from and about him is via someone else. I hope we get to see in his head.
: The rest of the Dragons. Do they all have a sense of humour and are they as articulate as Saphira? 🙂
: Will Roran ever get that stone to rise?
: Solembum and Maud. Irreverent thought : Are werecats what you get when a werewolf bites a cat?
Thorta fricai. Speak, friend.
It’s been 8 months since I wrote – and so much has changed, and so much has stayed the same.
This is not an exuberant I’m back post, and I don’t know if I will ever be back to blogging as I used to, but the writing urges are here again, and the best friend insists I write. “At least about my luurve life!” she says, and though I am not about to do that now, I hope I get to writing again, primarily because things seem to sort themselves out on the blog. Most of what I blog will be events past, but hopefully events present will find their way here too.
I’m rereading the LOTR series, and I find I love the book more today than when I read it first at 12.
“Mademoiselle, est-ce que vous êtes perdue?”
Are you lost? he asks, looking at the map and me, crying over the wheel of my car.
“Oui.” Yes, yes, I say, and walk away, no particular destination in mind.
Foto Credit : Doberdad
I have been packing up to leave, and been getting more and more morose by the minute. Not exactly morose, but more of a dragging, heavy sense of weightiness, that says “this is done, and the next is here again”. And even as much as I have hated and ranted about this place, it has been home for 2 years, and change calls, but I wish I were deaf. Fleetingly. What with the Utter Bitch who has come to work with me. 🙂 Even so, this is where I have lived, for the first time, all on my own. Decorated, bought curtains, smashed eggs and dishes, and let entire loaves be consumed by mould. Ah, joy.
And the worst part is, right in the middle of folding up the pair of jeans Fil, Bets and I strolled one morning into Spencer’s and bought – a lifetime away in time and space and youth – I realised I was singing Somebody to Lean On to a song that very clearly went Somebody Should Leave. Irony? or just my subconscious deciding it needed to express itself? If I decided to psychoanalyse myself I might as well check in for a week. I want to go home. Not what IS home, where my parents are, which is home, but yet is also not, nor where I am now.. but I wish for the home I had when I had my friends in the same campus – for their presence that made whereever I was happy, and in a way, home.
Somebody should leave.
Over the past one year since I began this blog, to me it has been many things. Most of all a way to vent, and instead of trying to wear my shoes thin running to clear my head, this has been a much more fruitful and, lets face it, more energy conserving than the miles I ran. I wrote to get rid of everything, to leave it out there to be judged, for the distance and perspective seeing things in black and white gave me. Most of the first posts were utter and complete angst and fury and frustration, and looking back to read them all makes me feel .. strange. Much like discovering an old diary you keep as a teenager, full of starry ideals and hearts drawn in margins. A lot of water has flowed past this bridge, and while the rain that lifted my spirits and the tree in my garden still blooms, I have changed. Decided that I really did want to persist with medicine after all, learned that I could lose myself in my mind and get utterly and completely lost, learnt how to deal with drunk men and drunk patients, learnt to live in kerala all over again.
Kerala, ah, kerala. Dearly beloved Mal land. The place we love to miss and hate to live in. Started off utterly disliking it, and one year down, I am fond of this town – though I have never gone without stopping to ask for directions in the interminable one ways of this place, and I don’t think any place in kerala is really free of eve teasers. Wandered around searching for the biriyani to replace the biriyani I’d gotten used to eating every Sunday with Bets in a dingy little shop off Gandhi Road with its 2 tables and 4 chairs. Never found it. Found, instead, amazingly empty stretches of road with no human in sight and a quiet stream with trees overhanging the car where I could, and did sit for hours, watching the fish dart around and the occasional call of the mynah. And it is time to move on. I have 6 months left to do what I should have begun last year. Since I can never resist temptation, I shall have to take it as far away from me as possible. That means sending all my books and internet home, and mailing the best friend all my e books. Now is not the time for me to dwell in clouds and I have no desire to build an empire on should-have’s and could-have’s. It is time for me to work with all my heart for what I want, and this I cannot do with half my mind on the story I just read or the fan fiction that I know lurks one click of the mouse away. So away with it all.
The car stays, of course, as does the music and my mind, and my irresistible shopping urges. But that too, has been put on a leash. I realise that I can live on 1500 a month, all paid, and that is what I shall live on. So I shall throw myself single mindedly into what I want for myself. This I can do . So – I have come to this. Perhaps in another 6 months, there will be another post here – from somewhere else, and perhaps from someone very different.
Yesterday is history,
Tomorrow is a mystery,
But today is yours.
Brown is introspective, a bit afraid, a bit of dreading the future, unsure, sarcy.
A sharper tongue and more sensitive feelings than usual.
And add a nice dose of melancholy, loneliness and irritability to serve.
Brown, to differentiate from black, synonymous with anger, rage, or deep sorrow.
Or blue, synonymous with all pervasive lack of joy and happyness most commonly called being depressed.
All through internship, the one constant series we watched was House MD – obsessively, in fact.
I remember rushing back from the ward at 1:00 am in the night to watch one episode with my friends before collapsing, exhausted, to sleep. We watched all three seasons in that room in MIQ, with the sound of construction work going on outside. Noodles, too sweet tea, and the occassional iced coffee. And trying to figure the diagnosis out – 🙂
I can count the ones i figured out on the fingers of one hand.:-)
I’ve missed watching and guessing. The dvd’s aren’t that much fun to watch all alone.
Lack of TV’s caused all of us to miss the 4th season, but hooray for transcripts on the net !